Betting on CSGO tournaments is not just about predicting the winner. It’s also about predicting the odds of each team and making a profit by placing bets at accurate odds. Always assess everything before you make a bet for your team. But how do you know which betting odds to choose? Well here are some tips to help you out, which will make your betting experience more profitable.
Types of Bets
The first thing you need to do is learn the different types of bets that are available at CSGO competitions. Making a bet for your team without knowing the type of bets which are usually available on the bookmakers is the worst thing you can do. Learning before doing is pretty essential here.
The different types of bets are:
• Head to Head – Predicting a team to win against another specific team.
• Map Handicap – Predicting which team wins on a map chosen by the bookmaker.
• Over/Under Rounds – Predicting whether a team will reach a certain number of rounds in the match.
How It Works
The next thing you should do is to understand how each type of bet works.
– A head-to-head bet is the simplest type of bet, as you’re betting on one team against another. For instance, if you think that Fnatic will win over NiP, then bet your money on Fnatic getting a win. If you predict wrong, however, and NiP wins instead, then you lose all your bets.
– A map handicap bet allows you to bet on a team that’s expected to win the game, regardless of which map they’re playing on. If your prediction is right, then you get twice the amount of money you put in if the matches the underdog picks are higher than the ones picked by your favorite team. But if your prediction is wrong, and your favorite team ends up losing the game, you lose all your money.
– An over/under bet is when you predict whether a competing team will win over or under a certain number of rounds in the match. If you think they’ll win 10 rounds or less, then bet on under 10 rounds. However, if you think they’ll win over 10 rounds, then bet on over 10 rounds. As you can see, if the teams do not reach your predicted number of rounds when all is said and done, then you lose.
Learn the Calculation
The next step is to learn how odds are calculated in CSGO betting tournaments. Though it may appear straightforward at first, you’ll understand this better once we explain it.
It’s actually pretty simple: bookmakers will always try to find the middle ground and odds will be calculated accordingly to give them a profit. This is easy to see since if all the books gave 80-20 odds for any team, then it would mean that there was no point in betting at all.
You should also know that bookmakers are constantly changing their odds depending on how much money is being placed on each team. As an analogy, think of it like this: two guests go into a coliseum and they bet on who would win the fight; one bet that Scorpion will win, while the other bets that Sub-Zero will come out victorious. If you’re betting on Scorpion to win, then it’s natural for you to place your money at 80/20 odds or even 90/10 odds because he’s the clear favorite. In this case, however, bookmakers will make it 50/50 odds to make them both equal and make a profit out of it. This is what you should do as well when betting on CSGO matches: take advantage of higher odds.
Find a Role Model
You can also make a very good strategy by following professional players on Twitter or Twitch.tv, as they make their own predictions of what team would win the tournament. But make sure you keep in mind that they are not professional gamblers by any means, so make sure to take everything with a grain of salt instead of blindly following them.
All in all, make sure to do your homework before betting on any matches and have fun watching them. Do you have any other tips for betting on CSGO competition? Let us know in the comments.